Tuesday, October 23, 2007

My favorite websites.

As some of you may know, I am a bit of a night owl. So what do I do when I stay up so late with Kathryn usually sleeping by 10 or 10:30? I go online. Or I read.

And since just poking around online has such a negative connotation to many people, I thought it would be nice to put up some of my favorite websites so that you guys can get an idea of the stuff I'm into, and also to show you that the internet isn't always Myspace and YouTube.

#1) New York Times - I know, it's not the Trib or even the Gazette but it is the best mainstream news source in my opinion.

#2) ManyBooks.net - Download whole books for free (and it's legal!) as PDF's or for your iPod. A great way to read the "classic" books you always wanted to (I'm reading Wuthering Heights) without being the jackass to go to the store or library and get it. "Excuse me sir, can you tell me where to find Don Quixote?" Jackass.

#3) Uncyclopedia - This is what some people think of when they think of Wikipedia. Ridiculous articles and hilarious.

#4) kxcd I don't understand about 1/3 of the stuff here but the ones I do I think are hilarious. Hit random a few times and you'll be laughing.

#5) Woot I don't know how they sell some of this stuff so cheap, but it really is awesome. The amount of statistics they keep of the sales is insane.