Sunday, January 20, 2008

Votre santé.

Today was my first real foray into the 'socialized' health care of Canada. It really wasn't because I only went to the eye doctor, so it was kind of like socialized medicine with training-wheels. And the verdict? That was the best damned eye exam I've ever had.

It was time for me to get some new contacts because I've been having the worst headaches for the last month whenever I'm wearing my contacts. And my glasses are all old and crappy and greasy and scratched. The doctor was asian of course, because all of the people I know in Montreal seem to be from the far east. She died my eyes so they were all blue like in Dune.

And she gave me contacts for astigmatism. Because that's what I have. Also a very nice unibrowed man helped me pick all the different options for my glasses.

And the best part? I don't feel at all like a communist. The Gipper can go F himself, that lying bastard.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reagan did some shit with the economy.

Anonymous said...

One of the best things about living in Europe was socialized medicine. How about those set prices for ALL prescriptions? Amazing.