Saturday, November 10, 2007

Anatomy of a procrastination.

This may come as a shock to most of you, but I am in fact a procrastinator. This will occasionally get in the way of me doing things that I should. Take tonight for example:

11:00 - "Goodnight Kathryn! I'm going to work on my paper! I was going to work on it this Sunday but I'll go ahead and get a nice head start! I'm GREAT and PRODUCTIVE!"

11:10 - "Now that my email is all checked and I got all my books and everything, I'll sit down and start-a-writin!"

11:15 - "You know what I haven't had in a while? Some nice tea! Well that's probably because I kind of hate hot tea, but now seems as good a time as any to start up a nice lil' cup, yeah?"

11:18 - "Damn that tea is hot! I'll sit here and blow on it for 3 minutes instead of writing while the law of thermodynamics about heat being pulled into the air and getting turned into unavailable energy and all that gets it's groove on. No I'll just blow on it. For the next 3 minutes."

11:21 - "I think it's cooled off enough now to get a little taste. Annnnnnnndddddd - wow hot tea is kinda nasty. It would be much more to my liking if it was coffee. Now it's a time to get my write on."

11:45 - "Damn Food Network sucks at night!"

12:03 - "I think I'll have some chocolate cake to get the ol' battery charged up for a little wright-fest. Wow Wright is the name of the people that first flew. I was just on an airplane."

12:10 - "Got my cake on, got my water on, now it's time to get my Herzberg on."

I haven't yet told you all about the topic of my paper. I shit you not - "How to Motivate Employees." Never say I don't understand irony.

Soon thereafter, I write the 3 page paper I have been dreading and stressing about for the last 7 weeks. An hour later, it was finished. I wonder what would happen if I just got shit done in the rest of my life? What would I be like?


(source)

Fuck it. Where's the rest of the chocolate cake?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From one procrastinator to another...job well done sir!

Tea and coffee is actually a good motivator. Large quantities. Employees love it and you bond over it.

Don't give up on tea quite yet... :)

Anonymous said...

why did you use my picture