Thursday, November 1, 2007

Flying.

So here I am, getting ready for the trip tomorrow, as well as my speech I have to do in class tomorrow morning, and I realize how much flying is a pain in the ass. I know that it makes the world a smaller place and a 14 hour car ride just became a "2" hour flight, but is it?

I have to be ready to go at about 4 and I won't get to my parents' house until after 9. But that also includes a time change (Eastern to Central). So it's a 6 hour trip. And what's more, I am worried about bringing my computer and external hard drive because I hate carrying-on and I've seen through the little windows at the airport how those beasts man-handle our luggage!

What is a man to do? I'll pack my crap and go wait in the long ass lines and take my shoes off and worry about how much our pilot has had to drink today and chew gum so my ears don't explode and then, finally, land and have a great weekend with my friends and family. And I love them all so much that I'd do it every day if I could. But I can't do that without, oh I don't know, maybe winning the lottery?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

worst clip yet. loto?wtf

Mickey Nolan said...

Riding in a car for that long is for refugees. Why don't you stow away in a shipping container with some Russion hookers while you're at it. Bring extra sweats, it's getting cold.