Sunday, November 25, 2007

Crunch time.

Things have been getting close to GO time. There is only one more week of school for me, only one month to get your Christmas shopping done, and oh yeah my sister is days, if not hours, away from having a baby! On top of all of that, it's been COLD out. Like "Oh shit I really do live in Canada" cold. But that is the path I have chosen.

Friday I had to give my group presentation and we KILLED. The mini-U.N. as I have dubbed us, gave a coherent presentation about Tim Hortons and I was very proud. In addition to our speech, Tony, the Chinese guy I told you about HERE, got to experience a great first that I was a part of. Let me explain.

As the groups were presenting (we had to do a 10 minute group speech about any company - we chose Tim Hortons) many gave samples of products. A group that did Second Cup gave away coffee, the group that did Hershey's gave away Kisses, and the group that did Molson gave away beer. Yes, at noon, in an accredited university in a democratic country in North America, beer was given away.

The group poured it into little cups and people could take as much as they wanted. I had a cup and immediately wished that this group had gone first as the beer was quite warm by then. Well Tony got himself a lil' cup of beer and had a gigantic grin walking back to his desk. He told me that he's never had beer before but always wanted to try it.

Fast-forward a few minutes to the group giving their presentation and I watch as Tony takes his little cup, places it against his lips, throws his neck back violently and dumps 8-10 ounces of warm Molson down his throat. I stared on in horror as he cringed his face up and shouted, "AHHHHHHH I DID NOT LIKE IT!" The group stopped presenting and everyone stared at him as he shook out the disgust. Truly a hilarious moment.

One interesting fact to note. It isn't totally random that the group presented Molson Beer - We are all in the John Molson School of Business at Concordia University. It is named after the man that invented Molson beer. - John Molson.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who started Tim Hortons? A canadian ex-hockey pro? That would be funny.

Anonymous said...

Actually I think so...

Anonymous said...

If I'm not mistaken, he died in an "alcohol related" automobile accident.

Bebo said...

I can tell you that you are all correct! Tim Horton played hockey and was Canadian and died drunk-driving in 1974.

The funny part is there are 2 men behind Tim Hortons - Tim Horton and Ron Joyce. Joyce was a cop that used to go into Tim Hortons while on foot patrol and then they became friends and then partners.

A donut-loving cop and a drunk hockey player and Canada's largest fast-food chain. You can't make this shit up!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes, the truth is better than fiction. I know that better than anyone.