Tuesday, November 20, 2007

So last night I watched the finale of The Bachelor.

As most of you know, in Canada they have Thanksgiving much earlier than in America. It is the second Monday in October and this year was on October 8th. Ironically enough, Kathryn and I went to Chicago for Canadian Thanksgiving and we will be in Montreal on American Thanksgiving.

But we will not wallow around in late-autumn Thursdayness! Thanks to my parents and certain Canadian grocers, I am armed with an arsenal of vegetarian-friendly Thanksgiving recipes and goods.

Yes, we will be having an honest-to-goodness fat-ass American Thanksgiving right here in the great white north. We went shopping earlier and are ready to get our grub on. While shopping earlier, Kat kept saying, "Why are you buying so much food? There's only two of us." Two, indeed. Unfortunately for both of us, one of us happens to be a fat American.

Tomorrow night I have to prep the potatoes and then Thursday I'm ditching class to cook and eat and watch football and eat more and just have a grand day.

I'll keep you all informed as things shake out.

Oh and a quick note on the title. I haven't seen a full episode of the show ever and I NEVER watch it, but I really did watch The Bachelor last night. There was this surprise ending and it was all really crappy. AND I was reading a magazine throughout the show (really I was). So today, I turn to Kat and say "So last night I watched the finale of The Bachelor..." and she laughed very hard right in my face. For like 3 minutes. And then she said, "That should be the title of your next blog." And here we are.

'Til then...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you get a Tofurkey, I have 2 and I plan on eating one whole one by myself. I take pride in posting comments for all of your entries, and misspeling alot of words.

Bebo said...

Yeah I got a tofurkey! Its awesome because its got French on it. I'll post some pictures of it all tomorrow.